Trinity College, Hartford, CT - Bachelor of Arts, Majors: Art History, Theatre & Dance - May 2013
La MaMa Theatre & Dance Program, New York, NY - Fall 2011
Trinity in Paris Study Away Program, Paris, France - Spring 2012 Art Historical Studies Program
L’Academie de la Danse de Paris, Paris, France - Spring 2012
Talent Unlimited For Performing Arts, New York, NY - Graduated: June 2009
Regents Diploma, Arts Diploma, Advanced Placement Coursework: U.S. History, Honor Roll: Fall ’06-Spring ’09
Honors: Posse Foundation Full-Tuition Leadership Scholarship - Fall 2009 to Spring 2013
Saturday Program Coordinator, Ifetayo Cultural Arts Academy, Brooklyn, NY - Summer 2016 - Present
- Observation of Cultural Arts Programming, Faculty Curriculum & Project Presentation Management
- Director of Rehearsal, Social Justice Curriculum Development, Performance Visits and Presentation Management
- Ballet Foundations Instructor
- Assistance to the photographer, stylist, and lighting designer
- Attache to the models, data entry, clothing organization, and cleaning the studio
- Editor of OMIT Magazine
Assistant to Director & Stylist, GODS Magazine, Brooklyn, NY – Fall 2015
- Assistant to Soukena Roussi for her fashion show on 10/10/15 at Dune Studios. Date entry, clientele research, look book organization, and photography
- Assistant to the fashion designer, Joshua Myrie: organizing, sizing, and cataloguing looks
- Runway director
- Backstage management
- Assistant to Jamie Roadkill for her exhibition on 10/15 at Gallery 151, titled Intersections: Exhibition premiere management
- Clean, construct, deconstruct, gold, and silver leaf the skeleton of road kill. Maintain the cleanliness of and organize the studio
- Photographer, painter (spray and brush), and sewing garments
- Handling, drilling, and wiring fragile skeleton
- Performed in and assisted in the culmination of four performances: measure & To Make A Blindfold measure The Size of Your Head
- Assisted in the development of DanceAction workshops
- Facilitated DanceAction workshops for movers of all levels
Tour Guide, American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY - Summer 2012
- Crafted and led tours comparing the kinesthetic connection between animals and their habitat for students aged 4-17
Dance Academy Director, Girls Inc., Brooklyn, NY - Winter 2016 to Summer 2016
- Leads movement class, facilitating movement exploration and choreographic development.
- Creates curriculum for the Dance Academy, encouraging middle and high school girls to develop choreography for an end of the semester performance.
- Choreographed dance performances.
- Dance classes facilitated included Ballet, Laban-esque movement fundamentals, Hip Hop dance
- Application organization and data entry, field trip research and reservation, event planning, and office maintenance & stock.
- Encourages sixth graders to re-engage in and memorize content from learned units via music creation
- Facilitates weekly lyric crafting, beat making, and performance rap-based workshops
- Directs rehearsals for and edits music video production
- Curriculum Development
After School Program Coordinator and Movement Educator, Creative Academy, Brooklyn, NY - Summer 2014 to Winter 2015
- Encouraged the physical development of students 1-4 via song, dance, exercises, and activities geared toward using most of the body’s muscle effort
- Facilitated conversations, games, art projects, and necessary modes of support for students 3-4 years old
Preschool Teacher and Movement Educator, New York Kids Club, New York, NY - Summer 2013 to Summer 2014
- Taught and assisted courses (children aged 9 months - 5 years) to develop physical, verbal, social, communication skills, and creative practice:
Gymnastics, Pre-Ballet, Hip Hop Dance, Sports, Music (instrument and voice) and Visual Art.
- Implemented individual approach within curriculum, which focused on improvisation and movement exploration
Teacher’s Assistant, Trinity College Community Child Center (TC4), Hartford, CT – Spring 2011 to Spring 2013
- Assisted teachers via encouraging communication, teamwork, sensory, movement, and language exploration, and other forms
of early childhood development to prepare “friends” aged two years to five years for kindergarten
Trainer, Trinity College Athletics Center, Hartford, CT – Spring 2011 to Spring 2013
- Developed currucilum for and facilitated Mind-Body Coordination workshops for non-dancers: breathing, meditation,
sensory & spatial awareness activities, warm ups, stretching, muscle development exercises, balance improvement,
and group synergy practice
Front Desk Receptionist, Trinity College, Hartford, CT – September 2009 to May 2013
- Managed phone lines, data entry, scheduling tours, file organization, lobby cleanliness, and the positive, welcoming environment of the Admissions Building
Team Leader, Princeton-Blairstown Center, Blairstown, NJ - June 2010 to August 2010
- Facilitated discussion, games, low & high ropes courses, and outdoor activity training for Trenton, New Jersey youth aged 14-18. I encouraged self-value, teamwork, communication, and trust within conversation and activities. Lifeguard when necessary
Tour Guide, American Folk Art Museum, New York, NY - June 2008 to August 2008
- Led tours for children aged 4-15 through temporary exhibits in the museum
- Coordinated and facilitated art activities for youth groups that challenged their fine motor skills and content comprehension
Server & Busser & Bartender, Motorino Pizza, Brooklyn NY - Summer 2016 to Present
Server, Motorino Pizza, Alphabet City NY - Summer 2016 to Present
Barista & Chef, Owl Juice Pub, Brooklyn, NY - Summer 2013 to Summer 2014
- Loading, organizing, and preparing natural juices, smoothies, barista services, and sandwiches (cold and hot)
Barista, Peter B’s Cafe, Hartford, CT – Fall 2009 to Spring 2013
- Loading in, organizing, re-stocking, and barista services
Core Member, Arts in Bushwick, Bushwick Brooklyn, NY – Summer 2015 to Present
Director of the Dance Department, Educated Little Monsters, Bushwick Brooklyn, NY – June 2015 to Present
- Facilitate workshops geared to encourage movement & expression based creative practice
Assistant dance teacher for Creative Ballet class, Brooklyn, NY to Fall 2011
- Supported the energetic atmosphere for students aged 3-5 to learn, move, and play
Theatre and Dance Teacher at Boys & Girls Club, Hartford, CT – Fall 2010 to Spring 2011
- Facilitated workshops and discussions that urged students (4th-6th grade) to explore creative minds, voices, and bodies
SKILLS [Languages: English (native), Spanish, French: conversational and written]
Personal: Organization (Data Entry & Homes/Offices/Studios), Cleaning, Cooking, Food Serving, Styling Clothing, Barista, Cashier, and Personal Assistance
Technical: Proficient in Microsoft 2010 + (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), Mac OS, Raisers Edge, InDesign CS3, Salesforce, Wordpress, Squarespace, and Adobe Acrobat 7.0
Stage Management: Directing for film and on stage, Stage managing a production in spring 2013, Dramaturgy (written or discussed critical analysis and historical contextuality)
Production: Understanding of lighting (equipment, plot work, and performance design), and Stage Management
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Trinity College, Temple of Hip Hop Art Exhibit, 2009 to 2013
Curated visual art and video installation by local and international artists of the Hip Hop Movement in an exhibit during the annual Temple of Hip Hop Festival.
Make The Road NY, Universal Humyn Love: A Gathering, September 2013 (One Night Presentation)
Curated Live Performance Series (Poetry, Song, Durational Dance Theatre, Light Installation, Visual Art Exhibition), with warefamos Clothing Vendor, presenting works regarding unconditional love and internal forgiveness.
Loisaida Inc, en casa afuera, July 2014 (Two Week Residency)
Curated Live Performance Series (Poetry, Song, Dance Theatre, Video Projection, Interactive Light Installation, Visual Art Exhibition) presenting works regarding displacement, cultural erasure, and community pride.
Five Myles Gallery, Progress, March 2016 (One Month Residency)
Curated Live Performance Series (Dance Theatre, Video Projection, Interactive Light Installation, Visual Art Exhibition) presenting works regarding gentrification and the idea of progress. Panel discussion, live music, and open mic during opening and closing receptions.
Starr Bar, Testourmonials of a GentrifiNation, October 2016 (One Night Presentation)
Curated Live Performance Series (Dance Theatre) presenting works regarding gentrification and commodification of Black and Brown cultures and low income neighborhoods.
David & Schweitzer Gallery, GentrifiConversation Acknowledging Complicity, October 2016 (One Day Presentation)
Panel discussion circulating themes of arts-induced mass displacement in Bushwick. The panel discussion is moderated by Pati Rodriguez of Mi Casa No Es Su Casa. Attendants were encouraged to sit in the round, with panelists dispersed amongst the audience. The panelists were Jazo Brooklyn of Bushwick Vendors Market & Educated Little Monsters/Monsters of Brooklyn, Imani Henry of Equality 4 Flatbush, Will Giron of Derecho A Techo, and Tom Angotti of NY For Sale: Community Planning Confronts Global Real Estate.
Starr Bar, GentrifiConversation Acknowledging Support, November 2016 (One Night Presentation)
Panel Discussion and documentary screening regarding support marginalized communities are receiving from ongoing projects and grassroots organizations. The panelists were Bruno Daniel, Sarah Quinter, and Pati Ankali of Mi Casa No Es Su Casa: Illumination Against Gentrification.
Rush Arts Philanthropic, GentrifiConversation Acknowledging ArtWashing, December 2016 (One Night Presentation)
This open conversation will happen in a circle format. Between questions asked to panelists, attendants are encouraged to ask questions and provide testimonies. The event is geared toward art world professionals and artists, and designed to illuminate and reveal the strategic ways that the arts are used (willingly and unwillingly) to drive mass displacement and gentrification.
JACK Theater, Testourmonials of an ExploiNation, December 2016 (One Night Presentation)
Curated Live Performance Series (Dance Theatre and Rap) presenting works regarding the exploitation of the Black and African Descendant body. Provided Fifty Dollar compensation to each performer.